Published May 31, 2012
Because of the extra fluids , weight , pressure on the veins and hormonal changes towards the end of pregnancy its VERY common to have swollen feet .
Here are some great holistic remedies that I always recommend -
- Elevate your legs by placing your feet up on a feet pillows a few times trough out the day , especially at night . Always keep your head propped up about your heart .
- Exercise to keep the circulation moving .
- Regular massage with an extra foot massage , helps with circulation and fluid retention.
- Soak feet in warm salt water then massage with jojoba oil with an added blend of a few drops of peppermint oil to help cool , a few drops of grapefruit oil for anti-inflammatory ,a few drops of ginger oil to reduce swelling and improve circulation .
- Don’t cross your legs.
- Sleep on left side .
- Roll feet on tennis ball for 4 min .
- Soak feet in tonic water.
- Wear comfortable shoes .
-Soak feet in ice cold water .
- Roll feet on ice cold cans.
- Avoid anything salty .
- Wear support hose.
- Flex and point your feet and do ankle roles through out the day .
- Stay hydrated – Drink lots of water .
- Stay cool .
Published May 31, 2012
Another one of my favorite yoga poses I love to do when teaching fertility yoga is reclining baddha-konasana . This pose not only increases fertility but also does so many other wonderful things and feels amazing !
Reclining baddha-konasana calms the mind , helps ease anxiety , fatigue and irregular periods . It opes the chest and hips while releasing the lower back . It increases fertility by simulating circulation and increasing blood flow in the whole pelvic region ( hips, groin , uterus and ovaries ) as well as the legs .
1 Bolster , or 2/3 folded yoga blankets stacked or you can improvise at home with a few long firm pillows stacked on top of one another .
How to do :
Place the bolster , stacked blankets or pillows the length of your spine .
Sit in front so lower back is up against the bolster …
Bring the soles of your feet together as close as you can towards the groin and let your knees fall out to the side.
Gently lay back on the bolster , open your arms out to sides with palms up .
Stay here for 10 min and do some slow deep belly breathing . What I like to do with my clients is to have them breathe in their baby ( right into the lower belly, like they are becoming pregnant with it ) and exhale out any past disapoinments , frustration , sadness , stress , fear , anxiety or doubt ( anything that might be blocking or shutting them down from being open to receive their baby )