My homemade after birth healing pads …. A must after a vaginal birth. Helps speed up the healing process .
- Comfrey root leaves (You can buy them in bulk from a health-food store or herb place.)
- Vitamin E oil
- Witch hazel
- Organic mini pads or panty liners (Note: You don’t want the pads too thick, or it gets messy.)
1) Boil comfrey root leaves in water and steep for a few hours.
2) Add a little witch hazel to that water.
3) Add a few drops of vitamin E oil to mixture.
4) Dip a panty liner in the mixture to saturate, then wring out some.
5) Wrap liners individually in saran wrap and place in freezer, laying them flat.
6) Continue making until mixture is gone.
Post birth, place frozen pad in your underwear to help speed up healing . Leave in for 10 min a few times a day .