Because of the extra fluids , weight , pressure on the veins and hormonal changes towards the end of pregnancy its VERY common to have swollen feet .
Here are some great holistic remedies that I always recommend -
- Elevate your legs by placing your feet up on a feet pillows a few times trough out the day , especially at night . Always keep your head propped up about your heart .
- Exercise to keep the circulation moving .
- Regular massage with an extra foot massage , helps with circulation and fluid retention.
- Soak feet in warm salt water then massage with jojoba oil with an added blend of a few drops of peppermint oil to help cool , a few drops of grapefruit oil for anti-inflammatory ,a few drops of ginger oil to reduce swelling and improve circulation .
- Don’t cross your legs.
- Sleep on left side .
- Roll feet on tennis ball for 4 min .
- Soak feet in tonic water.
- Wear comfortable shoes .
-Soak feet in ice cold water .
- Roll feet on ice cold cans.
- Avoid anything salty .
- Wear support hose.
- Flex and point your feet and do ankle roles through out the day .
- Stay hydrated – Drink lots of water .
- Stay cool .