Hemorrhoids in pregnancy are most common during the 3rd trimester . They are swollen blood vessels / varicose veins in the rectal area that develop from the pressure of your growing uterus and increased blood flow. They can be itchy , painful and can sometimes cause rectal bleeding . They usually go away shortly after the birth of your baby .
-Chilled Witch hazel pads add vit.E oil.
-Sitz bath and if you want add a few drops of Lavender oil into bath.
– Eat more more fruit ,vegetables and whole grains in your diet.
-Try not to strain while you are going to the bathroom.
-When sitting on the toilet keep feet up on a stool .
– Eat more fiber to keep bowls moving ( try to avoid constipation)
-Do kegels – This will help pump blood out of the engorged pelvic veins.
-Add extra B-6 ( min 10 milligrams) as well as a vitamin B- complex .
-Avoid long hours of sitting or standing.
-Apply ice packs or crushed ice
-Garlic pearls 1-6 per day (kwai and kyolic are great brands that are sociable and wont make you smelly)
-Insert a peeled clove of garlic into the rectum at night.
-Apply live yogurt to the area.
– Take vitamin c – Vital for maintaining strength in the walls of blood vessels.
– Apply Aloe vera
– Drink lots of water with lemon
– Drink prune juice with flax seeds
– Soak 4 figs in hot water over night and eat in morning continue for 3 to 4 weeks
– Drink camomile and nettle leaf tea
– Apply comfy root ointment
– Apply baking soda
– Apply raw potatoes to ease swelling
– Get acupuncture to help with circulation
– Do Yoga poses such as : Legs up the wall , child pose, fish pose and squatting .